I have had a few goals I have wanted to complete but haven’t always been the best at keeping these goals a priority. Life always gets in the way. So this post is a public way for me to place these goals and try to hold myself more accountable.
1) Make at minimum two blog posts a month for a year straight. Of these posts one needs to be technical in nature.
2)Give a presentation at local user group meeting. This is something I have been meaning to do in the last year but just haven’t push myself to do it.
3)Submit a abstract for two SQL Saturdays.
4) Present at a SQL Saturday.
5) Learn to Skate. Doing this one right now slowly but surely getting more comfortable.
6) Learn to Play Hockey. Next step after I get down the skating portion. I know this seems like something weird for a 34 year old person from the south to start doing.
7) Network better. Like the name SilentDBA suggests I this is something that is uncomfortable for me but something I need to work on.
8) Go back to PASS Summit. This one I have already made a priority as I have already paid for it in early December 2014 so I could take advantage of the early bird price making this easier to do than paying the full price.
9) Take the family to Disney World. Even though a lot of these goals are more professional goals I want to make sure I don’t lose sight of the wonderful family I have.
10) Attend a SQL Cruise. SQL Cruise is something that seems like great fun in so many ways. This goal might be a little ways off but definitely something I want to keep in mind.
11?) Get Certifications. This is something that was on my goal list a while but now I am not sure about since the retirement of the MCM certification. I didn’t see myself getting a MCM anytime soon but they way it was retired makes me leery of any certification at this time.